HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE(S)
If you purchased a downloadable product, it will be available in your account soon after your payment. Free downloads are available immediately, please follow the instructions below as they also apply to your order.
* Login to your account at the top right of this page. Click "Order History" and click on the order which includes the download - it will be marked as "Processing". Click the link for the product you ordered and a window similar to one illustrated below will appear, depending on your browser. All files are available for you to download for 3 days (for a maximum of 3 times per file) following your order, after which they will automatically expire and they will no longer be available to you. Please also see our Terms and Conditions.
Please Note: You may need to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker or your internet security depending on your computer's configuration.
Choose the option to SAVE the file to your computer - be sure to save it somewhere where you can easily find it! Now copy it to CD and store in a safe place in case it's needed again in the future, for example in the case of a computer crash or purchasing a new computer.
I paid for the download, where is it?
Your question will more than likely have been answered below; if after reading this page you are still having problems with your download, please contact us and we'll be happy to help. Please include as much detail as possible, especially any error messages you may have received. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to help you - just saying "it doesn't work" or "I can't download" doesn't really give us many clues as to what might be the problem :)
* Click the Login link at the top right of this page
Important!Be sure to save the file somewhere where you can easily find it! Now copy it to CD and store in a safe place in case it's needed again in the future, for example in the case of a computer crash or purchasing a new computer.
* If you are already logged in, click on My Account
* Once inside your account, click "Order History" and click on the order which includes the download.
* On this screen you will see the names of the downloaded items you've ordered. Click the link and a window similar to one illustrated above will appear, depending on your browser.
I clicked on the link, but it says the link has expired. Help!
You will have 3 attempts to download your file, if you try again you will get a message to say that the link has expired.
All files are available for you to download for 3 days (for a maximum of 3 times per file) following your order, after which they will automatically expire. Please see our Terms and Conditions page for more information.
I can't find the files on my computer!You'll need to search your computer to find where you stored them. From your windows Start bar select:Start > Search > For Files or FoldersIf you know the name of the file, type it into the window. If not, type *.pdf, *.zip or *.exe, depending on which file you downloaded. This may take some time so it's good to make a note of where you stored your files at the time you download them.You may find it helpful to create a folder just for downloaded items and always store your files there.I successfully downloaded the file, but it won't open. * If you downloaded a PDF file, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5 or better to open it. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download from http://www.adobe.com.
* If you downloaded a ZIP file and you are running Windows XP, it will be unzipped automatically when you double click it. Otherwise you will need WinZip, a free evaluation version can be downloaded from http://www.winzip.com. Note: When you unzip your files, whether you use XP or WinZip, you will be given the option to create a new folder for the location of the unzipped files. It's always a good idea to do this - create the new folder inside your My Documents folder so that you can easily find it again.
* If you downloaded one or more of the Knitware programs, they are self extracting .EXE files. Please see our Installation Instructions for Knitware Software further down this page.
I have unzipped my files but I still can't open them!
All our ZIP files (except Fashion Illustrations) contain files in DesignaKnit format, so you will need this program to be able to use the download. Unzip the files first, then:
* For shapes, open DesignaKnit, then open Original Shaping, then File > Open and browse for the folder that contains the unzipped files. Click on the .shp file you want and it will open in Original Shaping.
* For stitch patterns, open DesignaKnit, then open Stitch Designer, then File > Open and browse for the files as before. Click on the .pat or .stp file you want and it will open in Stitch Designer.
* Any PDF files included in the download will need to be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5 or better. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download from http://www.adobe.com.
* Any TIF files included in the download will need to be opened in a graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or similar.
I've tried all the above and I'm still having problems
If you have read this page you are still having problems with your download, please contact us and we'll be happy to help. Please include as much detail as possible, especially any error messages you may have received. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to help you - just saying "it doesn't work" or "I can't download" doesn't really give us many clues as to what might be the problem :)
SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR KNITWARE DESIGN SOFTWARE
STEP 1: Extract and Unzip the files:
1. Using Windows Explorer, find the downloaded file (basics250.exe, sweaters250.exe, or skirts250.exe).
2. If the downloaded file is on your Windows desktop, copy it to a new folder. Also be sure to make a backup copy on CD!
3. With Windows Explorer showing the folder with the downloaded file, double-click on the downloaded file.
The self-extracting unzipping program automatically runs to extract the installation files. Eleven (11) files are extracted, one of which is named setup.exe. This file is the installer launch program for the Knitware program.
STEP 2: Install the Knitware program:
1. Close all programs that are running, except Windows Explorer.
2. In the Windows Explorer, check that you can see the setup.exe file.
3. Double-click on setup.exe.
4. Click OK to start the install.
Click through the installation screens, accepting the suggested default values. Your Knitware program is installed, and you can later access it from the Start > Programs menu. If you are using Windows Vista, you will need to set Administrator privileges and be in Compatibility Mode before you run the program; please continue with the instructions below.
Known problem with Knitware programs
and Windows Vista
After installing any of the Knitware programs on Windows Vista, you will see this error message when you try to run the program:
Network initialization failed
In the Start > Programs menu, find the menu item for your Knitware program. It will look similar to this:
Right-click the menu item to display the Properties box for your program and do the following:
1. Click the Compatibility tab.
2. Select the compatibility mode for Windows XP.
3. Check the box to run the program as an administrator.
4. Leave all other settings unchanged or unchecked. The image below shows all the settings entered correctly.
5. When you save the new properties, you should be able to run the program successfully from this point forward. Once the program starts up successfully, you can enter the serial number to enable full program mode.
Once you set the compatibility mode for your Knitware program, you will not have to do anything more to run the program. However, if you uninstall and re-install Knitware, you will have to repeat this procedure. If you use more than one Knitware program, you will have to set compatibility mode for each of your programs.
If you have any problems installing your Knitware program, please contact us using the detail from our Knitware Support page, and we will be happy to help.